Position: DENTAL CLINIC DIRECTOR
Hours: 40 hours
Do you want to make a difference in the health of your community and in the lives of low-income neighbors who do not have access to dental care? Puget Sound Christian Clinic (PSCC) has an outstanding opportunity. Our new dental clinic has an opening for a dental clinic director. The primary responsibility of the Dental Clinic Director is lead and manage the dental program at Puget Sound Christian Clinic (PSCC), ensuring that high quality care is provided. Experienced dental assistant and/or dental office manager preferred.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Oversee patient scheduling and paperwork.
- Manage financial arrangements for treatment with patients, coordinating with the Director of Finance.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communications with patients and volunteers.
- Ensure that program outcome statistics are properly collected, reviewed, and reported to the executive director monthly.
- Develop and maintain the dental program budget.
- Ensure that office supplies, dental supplies, and equipment are procured in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide program updates and patient stories to the Director of Development and Executive Director for newsletter, website, annual report, and other communication materials.
- Assist the Dental Assistant in coordinating a referral system for patients in need of care beyond our core services.
- Develop and implement administrative dental policies and procedures.
- Participate in the Snohomish County Dental Association, as well as other mutually agreed-upon dental associations or events.
- Participate in the Executive Leadership Team and other PSCC meetings/trainings, as required.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee performance of the PSCC Dental Program staff.
- Maintain regular supervisory meetings with individual staff and team to review work.
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers in collaboration with the Coordinator of Volunteers.
- Oversee a volunteer training program for dental volunteers.
- Provide Eaglesoft training and support to dental staff and volunteers.
- Assist with clinic set-up and break down, including sterilization, if needed.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Certified Dental Assistant preferred but not required.
- Minimum five years’ dental office experience.
- Prior administrative and supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with Eaglesoft preferred.
- Experience within a community healthcare setting preferred.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities and problem solving.
- Excellent communication and computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- A team player who works well with staff, volunteers, and patients.
- A work history of completing tasks in a timely manner, while displaying an ability to be creative and proactive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.