Position: DENTAL DIRECTOR
Hours: Part time, 20-25 hours (flexible)
Do you want to make a difference in the health of your community and in the lives of low-income neighbors who do not have access to dental care? Puget Sound Christian Clinic (PSCC) has an outstanding opportunity for someone like you.
Established in 2003, PSCC is a clinic with a mission to show the love of Christ to low-income, uninsured individuals through quality, compassionate health care. We have recently opened a new dental clinic in Lynnwood. (For more information, visit our website at pschristianclinic.org.)
- Participate in the Dental Practice Committee quarterly meetings. This includes carrying out the wishes of the Dental Practice Committee and presenting new policy proposals to the Board of Directors for consideration and approval.
- Develop and implement dental policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain dental program budget.
- Develop and implement dental program quality of care and quality improvement plans.
- Ensure that dental supplies and equipment are procured in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that program outcome statistics are properly collected, reviewed, and reported to the executive director, at least quarterly.
- Collaborate with PSCC staff and volunteers to improve patient care, systems, communications, and clinic efficiencies.
- Provide program updates and patient stories to Director of Development and Executive Director for newsletter, website, annual report, and other communication materials.
- Join and participate in the Snohomish County Dental Association, as well as other mutually agreed-upon dental associations.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee performance of PSCC Dental Program staff.
- Maintain regular supervisory meetings with individual staff and team to review work.
- Oversee volunteer training and shadowing program for Dentists.
- Partner with the Coordinator of Volunteer Services to recruit volunteers to help carry out activities that support PSCC Dental Programs and supervise volunteers responsible for these tasks.
Provide Direct Patient Care:
Must be proficient in all aspects of general dentistry to serve PSCC patients through:
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Removable Prosthesis
- Fixed Prosthesis
- Restorative Care
- Routine Oral Surgery
- Oral Hygiene and Periodontics
- Endodontics (anterior)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited dental school
- Minimum of 2-5 year’s clinical experience preferred or GPR/AEGD completion
Licensure and Credentials:
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Washington
- Current CPR certification
- Washington DEA registration
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred
- Administrative, management, and budget development experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Professional malpractice insurance obtainable
- Local travel, occasional out of town travel
- Passion for serving the underserved
- Patient advocacy
- Flexibility in prioritizing department needs
- Work collaboratively with others
- Maintain current knowledge regarding best practices as well as standards of dental care
- Maintain current knowledge in all professional dental legal requirements and obligations based on local, state and federal regulations and laws
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.