POSITION: LEAD DENTAL ASSISTANT
Hours: 30-40 hours/week
Salary $16-18/hour DOE
Do you want to make a difference in the health of your community and in the lives of low-income neighbors who do not have access to dental care? Puget Sound Christian Clinic (PSCC) has an outstanding opportunity for someone like you. We have recently opened a new dental clinic in Lynnwood and are building our core team.
The Lead Dental Assistant’s primary responsibilities revolve around providing quality dental care through a smoothly operating dental clinic. As such, the Lead Dental Assistant will:
- Assist the Dental Director and volunteer dentists with patient care.
- Oversee and train volunteer dental assistants.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communications with patients and volunteers.
- Ensure the safe use of PSCC equipment/facilities and maintain OSHA and WISHA safety standards.
- Evaluate adequacy of dental supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Monitor and report inventory needs to Dental Director.
- Present patient treatment plans and coordinate a referral system for patients in need of care beyond our core services.
- Pray with patients and volunteers upon request and as appropriate.
- Assist in front office duties as needed, including patient scheduling.
- Attend all PSCC meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Assist in other duties as directed by the Dental Director.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Must be a graduate of a licensed dental assistant program and a registered dental assistant.
- Experience: Experience in dental assisting; two+ years preferred.
- Experience with Eaglesoft software preferred.
- Experience within a community healthcare setting preferred.
- Experience with CEREC preferred.
- Proficiencies: Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities and problem solving. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Bilingual skills preferred.
- Abilities: A team player who works well with staff, volunteers, and patients. An individual with a work history of completing tasks in a timely manner, while displaying an ability to be creative and proactive. Must maintain up-to-date immunizations and CPR/First Aid training.